MORE ABOUT JESSIE
Born and raised in Boston, and currently living in Tel Aviv, I am a mindfulness-based educator for children, parents and teachers.
Through my unique practice, I support children in building emotional resilience and improving their pyscho-social health in order for them to happily integrate as individuals within their family systems and communities at large. My work with adults provides parents and teachers with a toolkit of proven strategies to best support whole-person wellbeing, specifically proactive behavior in their children and students.
My research, training and experience are carried into my work and unique method, including a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Phi Beta Kappa from Emory University, as well as a Master’s degree in Integrative Health Studies & Behavior Change from California Institute of Integral Studies, where my research focused on children social-emotional well-being for my completed thesis. In my practice, I take a whole-person, mindfulness-based approach rooted in different psychological theories and yoga philosophy. Through my practice, I tailor my services to meet each of my clients exactly where they are at and empower each child and adult to claim their happiest and healthiest self.
It was my own health journey and personal discovery process that brought me to this work, along with merging my passions of giving back, love for children and deep interest in the human experience!
- MA Integrative Health Studies (California Institute of Integral Studies, 2018-2020)
- Thesis: The Importance of Building Emotional Intelligence in Children through Social-Emotional Learning
- BA Psychology (Emory University, 2012- 20160
- Recognition: International Honor Society in Psychology, Phi Beta Kappa
- Tuck Business School: Bridge Program (Dartmouth College, 2014)
- English & Creativity Teacher – Englilush (Tel Aviv, 2019-present)
- Adult & Kids Yoga Teacher (Tel Aviv & worldwide via Zoom, 2018 – present)
- Mentor, Health Coach, Yoga Teacher – “Journey of Rehabilition on the Path Back to Life” (Zahav Disabled Veteran’s Organization, 2019)
- Art Teacher – Reggio Emilia Approach (Tel Aviv, 2018 – 2019)
- Additional: earlier years spent as a babysitter, camp counselour, and as a volunteer working with kids who have physical and mental disabilities
- Integrative Health, Wellness Management & Behavior Change Coach (under CIIS, 2019)
- Care Navigation Certification (under CIIS, 2019)
- Kids Yoga Certified & 200-Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher (under OmSchooled, 2020 & Yoga Alliance, 2019)
- Guided Imagery Facilitator (under Leslie Davenport, PsyD, 2019)
- Reiki I & 2 Certification (under Stephanie Lin, MA, 2019)